Buying ‘The Nationalist’ - where love stories began for John and Kitty 64 years ago
Congratulations to John and Kitty Coffey from Ardfinnan who were the Valentines Day winner of the Tesco Clonmel competition for the longest married couple in the area.
John and Kitty will be married an amazing 64 years this July and met while buying a copy of ‘The Nationlist in “Peggy the Papers” shop in Ardfinnan.
The couple were presented with flowers and chocolates from Tesco by Will and were nominated for the prize by their grand daughter Irene.
Ask them the secret to such a long and happy marriage and you will get a smile and a wink so the secret is safe with them but we are sure there are many stories to be told. Wishing them both all the best for the years ahead.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South