Move to reopen cafe at Clonmel railway station
CIE and Bus Eireann are in negotiations to re-open the café at Clonmel railway station.
Deputy Tom Hayes and Cllr.Michael Murphy have welcomed the news that CIE and Bus Eireann are in negotiations to re-open the café at Clonmel railway and bus station.
The café has been closed in recent times leaving passengers and tourists without access to refreshments or toilet facilities.
Deputy Hayes said: “ We are very pleased with the developments regarding efforts to secure a tenant for the café at Clonmel railway station. I certainly hope negotiations can be brought to a successful conclusion as the café is of very significant importance for passengers as well as tourists visiting the area.
“Having no toilet facilities available in the year of The Gathering would certainly be an undesirable situation.
“Councillor Murphy and I have been in regular contact with CIE in relation to this and hope to see the café and its facilities open in the near future”.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North