Carrick-on-Suir’s Green School principal retires
Carrick-on-Suir CBS Principal Pat Mansell will be bidding farewell to his students for the last time today (Wednesday) as they run out the school gates for their summer holidays.
The popular principal is retiring after 34 years service in primary education, half of which have been spent at the CBS or Green School as it is more commonly known in Carrick-on-Suir.
His pupils gave Mr Mansell a fitting send off at the school’s annual end of year assembly last Thursday.
They presented their principal with a set of glasses, a bronze hurling trophy and a framed GAA jersey, half in his native Limerick colours and half in the Tipperary colours. The jersey was signed by all the pupils.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South