Kelly says increase in exports encouraging
Local TD, Alan Kelly, Minister for Public Transport and Commuter Affairs says that “export figures for July indicate progress is being made.
An increase of 6% on the June figures and 13% on the July figures are surely a sign that we are moving in the right direction.
Tanaiste, Eamon Gilmore as Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade has been steering the Government strategy of building Irelands’ export base and in 2011 the employment figures in this sector grew for the first time in 3 years. Export growth in Russia, China and India has been significant”.
The recent auction of Irish Treasury Bills at a better interest rate than expected combined with Government’s renegotiation for the separation of the bank and sovereign debt are factors in the return to economic confidence for Ireland.
Whilst the road ahead is challenging the figures issued on Friday are encouraging and this is a good news story that should be highlighted, Minister Kelly says.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North