The process to make safe dangerous structures in a Cashel housing estate has progressed, it was revealed at South Tipperary County Council this week.
Director of Services Sinead Carr told the meeting that the issue at the Caiseal na Ri estate is progressing.
The council is “taking action” on the planning side, she said. The meeting was also informed that surveyors have been on site, at the request of the estate developer’s bank.
Dangerous areas had previously been surrounded by barriers by the county council, Ms Carr said, in answer to a query from local Cllr Tom Wood. She described the matter as “complicated.”
Last month South Tipperary County Council served a dangerous structures notice on 18 people associated with the Caiseal na Ri housing estate, following the collapse of a 15-metre stretch of boundary wall into the roadway.
The 18 people included directors of the company who are developing the site and the company’s bank.
The dangerous structures order compelled the developer and bank to start improvement works within seven days of service, which took place on November 7, and to complete work within two months.