A young couple and their baby had a lucky escape after they were rescued from their smoke-filled apartment by gardai and fire brigade personnel on Monday night.
The couple were asleep in their apartment at Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir when a fire broke out after 7pm. Gardai and fire brigade officials were at the scene within minutes.The couple and their baby were assisted out onto the street. All three were taken to South Tipperary General Hospital.
They were being treated for the effects of smoke inhalation and none of the injuries involved are life-threatening.