The Parent Association of St. John the Baptist Boys School Cashel, together with the pupils from Mrs. Perdue’s room held a fundraiser on P ancake Tuesday for The National Children’s Hospital.
This Hospital, founded in 1821, is the oldest Children’s Hospital in Ireland and second oldest in Europe.
In June 1998 The National Children’s Hospital moved from its site in Harcourt Street to its current home in Tallaght. Over 65,000 children visit The National Children’s Hospital, Tallaght every year and services at the hospital include a children’s A&E Department, X-Ray Department, a dedicated Children’s Theatre, a Dedicated Children’s Outpatients Department, research into Paediatric Illnesses, Paediatric Nursing Education and a Dedicated Play Department & Primary School.
Whilst the Government pays for the day-today running of the Hospital, the Hospital has always relied on public-support to provide the best possible care for its young patients.
The National Childrens Hospital, Tallaght, is a registered charity and a team of fundraisers work year round to ensure that funds are available to purchase of the most up-to-date equipment, distraction toys for wards, departments and waiting areas, to support research and development into new and better treatments and to provide accommodation and other support services for families.
The Parent Association were busy all day baking pancakes for the 230 pupils and the staff. A special thanks to David O’Brien from the Bakehouse who made pancake batter up for the school. Thanks also to Joan Skeffington, Shiho Lambe, Sheila Ryan, Helen Bourke, Claire Ryan, Caroline Gayson and Mary Ryan who gave of their time so willingly. The boys had a great day and much needed funds were raised for a good cause.