Cashel garda standoff ends peacefully
A standoff between a man in his 20s and the Garda Regional Support Unit ended peacefully in Cashel this morning
The standoff began just after 10am on Tuesday morning when the man, who was believed to be armed, entered O’Dwyer’s Pharmacy, on Ladyswell. The four staff members inside at the time were not allowed to leave until the incident came to an end at 12.20pm. An imitation firearm was recovered by gardai.
Gardai from three local stations attended the scene and a taser was used in the arrest.
More information in The Nationalist, on sale tomorrow.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South