Fethard Scouts enjoy weekend in Carne, Co. Wexford
Scouts spent the weekend of February 22 to 24, in Carne, Co. Wexford, arriving at 10pm Friday night. Mostly dry weather, a good programme and excellent menu assured all of a great weekend.
Main events conducted were pioneering, tent pitching, orienteering (twice) and night hikes on Friday and Saturday. With a brief snowfall on Saturday evening the inevitable snowball fight ensued during the night hike. We attended Mass on Sunday morning where we were warmly welcomed by locals and the Parish Priest.
We returned to Fethard at approximately 6.30pm on Sunday evening. We say a huge ‘thank you’ to Owen Walsh for the loan of one of his buses. This was a magnanimous gesture from Owen and a huge saving on the overall costs of the weekend.
- Tipperary meet Clare in ladies football u-14 ‘C’ Munster final
- Death of former South Tipperary County Council member
- Glen of Aherlow make top five list of holiday destinations in the country
- Coroner warns financial institutions not to harasss people in debt
- Farmers urged to submit single farm payment form
Search for a job
Weather for Clonmel
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South