The following personalities have been nominated for the Butler’s Bar Fethard Sports Achievement Award for February 2014.
(1) Billy Treacy – Billy trained ‘Fethard Player’ to victory in a maiden hurdle recently at Thurles racecourse for owners Ciaran and Mia Treacy.
(2) Bernard Feery – During February Bernard finished second in the Over 50 category in Mount Juliet and he also finished 6th overall in the 4k series of races in Clonmel.
(3) Mouse Morris – Mouse continued to produce winners in February with ‘Dromlea’ and ‘Let’s Celebrate’ winning at Fairyhouse and Thurles.
(4) Joe Fogarty – Joe is among a huge number of Fethard people abroad who are making great efforts in playing and organising our national games. Joe has just become secretary of his Gaelic football club in Bosan, South Korea, where he works as an English teacher.
(5) Kari Laaksonen – Originally from Finland and now living in Fethard, Kari is heavily involved in ‘Cross Fit’ a multi-disciplined fitness craze that’s sweeping through Europe and America. He finished 4th overall in a recent open tournament in Clonmel that attracted 75 competitors.
(6) Bridget O’Dwyer – Bridget is leader of the phenomenon ‘Operation Transformation’ which has taken Fethard by storm. At the last count she had 77 people signed up for her detailed fitness programme run on a weekly basis.
(7) Harry Kelly – Harry’s horse ‘On Impulse’ ridden by Pa King was the impressive winner of the bumper race at Thurles recently continuing the stables good form.
Friday night function
The winner for February will be announced at a function in Butler’s Bar on this Friday night, March 7. All are welcome to attend.