The nominations for Fethard Sports Achievement Award for September
(1) Sandra Maher – Scored 3 goals and 2 points in Fethard’s recent ladies football junior semifinal. Following this victory they now go on to play Bansha in the county final.
(2) Pat Smith – Local golfer who recently won the Presidents prize at Slievenamon golf club.
(3) Eugene Walsh and Mick O’Mahoney – Coaches and mentors to Fethard’s U14 hurling team who recently won a county title beating Thurles in the semifinal and Sologhead in the final.
(4) Aine Doocey – Local athlete who recently finished 1st in her category at the Kilsheelan 10k road race.
(5) Shane Kenny and Colin Allen – Two local golfers while representing the Bridge House Bar in Golden were part of the team to win the Star newspaper all Ireland golf society challenge.
(6) Nat McCarthy – Local golfer who recently won the prestigious Carrigan cup at Slievenamon golf club.
(7) Kiltinan Stud – Breeders and owners of ‘The Fugue’, recent winner of the Group 1 Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown.
(8) Fintan Rice – Fintan continued his good form during September with victory in the Kilsheelan 10k road race and second place in the Cashel Rock 8k race.
(9) P.J. Colville – A first time nominee whose horse ‘Asockastar’ recently won a maiden hurdle race at the Listowel Harvest Festival meeting.
(10) Sean O’Donovan and Kay Lyons – Tipperary Intermediate ladies footballers have reached an All-Ireland final and are fortunate to have local people Sean and Kay as manager and administrator respectively.
(11) Majella Smyth and Mary Kenrick – Both were members of the Slievenamon Golf Club county league winning team. They beat Thurles in the quarter-final, Cahir in the semifinal and Templemore in the final.