Eire Og/Galtees stroll in to West minor football final

Bridge House Golden Minor A Football Championship Semi-Final

Bridge House Golden Minor A Football Championship Semi-Final

Eire Og/Galtee 5-17

Aherlow Gaels 0-7

Eire Og/Galtee had no trouble in overcoming the challenge of Aherlow Gaels in the semi-final of the Birdge House Golden minor football A championship at Solohead on Wednesday of last week.

Aherlow Gaels were in contention in the first half and trailed by only a point, 1-4 to 0-6, at the interval. In fact they woulod have been ahead but for good goalkeeping by Eire Og/Galtee keeper, Jamie English.

The second half was one-way traffic as Galtee/Eire Og took over wound the midle third, hitting 3-13 without replyin twenty-five minutes to kill off Aherlow Gaels, who got their only score, a point from play, with four minutes remaining.

Eire Og/Galtee: Jamie English, Peter O’Dwyer, Eric Grogan, Michael O’Brien, John Ryan, Shane Power, David Byron (0-1), Tom Fox (0-2), Kevin Power (1-0), Darragh Egan (1-1), Sean Daly (0-3), Michael Bradshaw, Stephen O’Dwyer (0-3), David Finane (3-6), Gearoid Loughman. Subs: Evan Heffernan for Michael Bradshaw, Christopher Breen (0-1) for Gearoid Loughman. Callum Fanning for Tom Fox.

Aherlow Gaels: Team not available.

Referee: Michael Duffy (Arravale Rovers).

Ollies Bar Under-21 B Hurling Championship

Eire Og 1-18 Emly/Sean Treacys 0-14

Emly/Sean Treacys made most of the early running in this game in the Ollies Bar under-21 B hurling championship played at Cappawhite on Sunday. However, the combination team gradually got its act in order an trailed by only a point, 0-8 to 0-7, at the interval.

Eire Og came to life in the second half, outscoring Emly/Treacys by 1-6 to 0-2 inside thirteen minutes. The goal came when John Ryan finished to the net from a broken ball around the goalmouth.

Each side had a played sent off in the first half and following the combo having a second player dismissed, Eire Og saw out the game to win by 1-18 to 0-14 at full time.