Grangemockler Ballyneale Notes



Results and Fixtures: The U12s resumed playing the South End Games last week and recorded two wins v Newcastle and Ballylooby Castlegrace. This week they play Cahir in Ballyneale on Monday and on Sunday they are away to St Pats at 12 noon.

U10 football training continues every Wednesday in Grangemockler at 7pm up to the end of September with hurling on a Monday in Ballyneale at 7pm. Both have an up coming blitz, details at training.

The Minors hurlers had a great win over Anner Gaels last Friday in Mullinahone and play Skeheenarinky on Saturday at 3.30pm in Clonmel in the South Quarter Final.

Our Intermediate Football lost to Commercials on Sunday that brings an end to the intermediate football for this year Well done to Angela Maguigan who recently played at half time of the All Ireland Football Final between Kerry and Dublin.


Sympathy is extended to the Walsh family and relatives on the sad passing of Noel Walsh, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, formerly of Blenaeen. Noel was part of the 1962 Junior football team that won the South and County Title, Noel also represented the club at County level. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Sympathy is extended to the Cuddihy family and relative on the sad passing of Noreen. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam
GAA Lotto

Michael Hogan Community Sportsfield Grangemockler Ballyneale GAA Lotto: Results for September 2. Lucky numbers 1, 23, 25, 31, no winner, no match three. Five lucky dips €20 each: Joan Tyrell, Phyllis Heffernan, Pat Murphy, Anthony Strappe, Ralph Blackmore. Jackpot €6,700

After School Programme

Has reopened in the school hall from 2pm to 6pm. For information contact Patricia on 051647195 or 0876171308

Ballyneale FC

The team played the first League game of the season in Ballydine on Sunday, September 8, against Cashel Town B. The game was a close encounter for the most part with our lads getting the three points in the end with a score-line of 3-1. Cashel Town made the breakthrough after 25 minutes, from a speculative delivery into the box, the ball making its way all the way to the net through all the bodies. 0-1 at half time. The second half saw us making the breakthrough on 60 minutes with an unstoppable shot through Marty O’Reilly. Not more than two minutes later Marty was there again to finish this time from a tight angle. This double strike from Marty put us in the driving seat for the remainder of the game allowing us to hold possession more. Jamie Kennedy finished off the tie on 85 minutes, coming in from the right finishing smartly into the bottom far corner. The squad will take encouragement from this game, but plenty of work is needed for tougher tests ahead. Next up is an away league tie to Cleirhan on Sunday 15th.